Sun, Feb 04|
Imbolc/St Brigid Day Gathering
Join us for the Celtic festival honoring the threshold of spring, Brigid, and the deep well of wisdom within each of us
Time & Location
Feb 04, 2024, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
About the Event
The word Imbolc translates to "in the belly," or "in the belly of the Mother." The deep well within each of us that generates wisdom and new growth, the spark of life. In Irish mythology, literature and landscapes, wells are holy places of feminine wisdom personified by the goddess. Waterways, rivers and lakes are conscious and animate along with the rest of the alive world.
We will engage with the phases of water, stories of Brigid, prayer ritual, a labyrinth walk, and sharing. We will gather around the Celtic threshold time of Imbolc, the emergence of spring, and the holy well of wisdom within each of us. We'll meet in a circle around a labyrinth and around fire in the good company of one another in Harrisonburg. The address and any udated information will be sent out in a confirmation email when you RSVP. Seating is limited, so please register soon.
- A folding chair
- Yourself dressed in warmest clothes, jackets, gloves (if needed)
- Lap blanket or other warmie to care for yourself in cold weather
- A piece of cloth, bandana, or ribbon for a Brigid prayer cloth
- Your reuseable mug for hot chocolate or tea
- A donation towards purchased materials, resources and time that goes into planning and offering this gathering. Thank you! (Please know that if you cannot donate, you are welcome to participate anyway!)