Sun, Apr 30|
Wild Church Gathering
We gather to celebrate the return of the full sun with the Celtic observance of Beltane.
Time & Location
Apr 30, 3:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Wildwood Park, 648 W Bank St, Bridgewater, VA 22812, USA
About the Event
As the seasons change and the wheel of the year turns, we notice that what was underground or hidden is rising up above the surface, ready to become manifest. Beltane is a Celtic fire-festival day with ancient roots, celebrating the energies and gifts of the full sun, spring-time, and new growth - the roots of the May Day celebration. What is flowering in you during this time? What new growth within and around you are you connecting with?
While this whole weekend is calling for rain, we have a shelter reserved at Wildwood Park in Bridgewater. What does rain have to say as we turn toward the sun?
We'll meet in the picnic shelter with a fire. Join us for embodied prayers, poetry, silent wanderings on the land, and sharing. You belong.
- A folding chair
- An umbrella and/or rain jacket in case it's needed
- Water bottle if you need it
- Journal and pen if that's something you like to use to process or jot down things that come
- A poem that you love that resonates with this time of year - sun, flowering, new growth
- Your open heart. Or as open as is possible for you right now. = )
If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 540-405-9201. Phone calls are often difficult to answer or to return.